|February 06, 2013 - February 28, 2013|
|Salary Range:||$10.00 per hour|
|Benefits:||medical, dental, 401k, vacation, sick, holiday pay after 90 days|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Production Assistant performs assigned industrial subcontract tasks, adhering to quality standards and maintaining established production quotas. Included is production oriented work in machine operation, packaging, assembly and maintenance. Must have the ability to work with people with developmental disabilities that may have challenging behaviors.|
|Duties:||A. Production Direct Tasks (E 80%)|
1. Complete tasks related to light manufacturing, assembly, packaging and general maintenance including landscaping.
A. Tasks may include various assembly, packaging, construction, delivery and general labor.
B. Tasks may involve the use of various tools and machinery from hand tools such as glue guns to power tools such as saws, cutting torches and landscaping equipment.
C. Tasks may include the operation of complex machinery such as mail processing and CNC machines.
2. Track and report time spent on specific jobs.
3. Maintain responsibility and accountability for all tools, equipment, materials and company property used in the course of work.
4. Maintain quality standards as specified.
5. Maintain production quotas and quantity as specified.
B. Deliveries and Transportation (E 10%)
1. As requested use personal or agency owned vehicles to pick up and/or deliver supplies and completed production products, or to travel to various job sites.
2. Transport clients or staff to job sites as requested.
C. Safety (E 2%)
1. Always follow established safety procedures.
2. Always assist clients and others, when needed, during safety evacuations.
D. Other duties as assigned. (E 8%)
|Qualifications:||A. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE|
1. High School diploma or acceptable substitute.
2. Experience with production related work, or similar manufacturing equipment preferred.
B. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND LICENSES
1. Good communication skills in order to effectively interact professionally with others, including customers and clients.
2. Ability to lift up to required minimums.
3. A current Oregon Driverís License and driving record sufficient to be insured to drive PBCI vehicles, or the ability to obtain a license within six months of hire.
4. A limited or no criminal history background.
5. Ability to demonstrate accuracy in general math.
6. Reading and writing skills sufficient to interpret complex manuals which describe the operation of various machines.
7. Ability and willingness to exhibit appropriate work habits, skills and attitudes.
8. Ability and willingness to follow company rules and procedures.
A. Private customers multiple times per week.
B. Staff and clients on a daily basis.
C. Vendors in the shipping and receiving sector.
A. Environment and Hazards
1. Warehouse environment
2. Possible limited exposure to manufacturing chemicals.
3. Possible driving of personal or company owned vehicles.
B. Physical and Mental Effort
1. Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. periodically and up to 35 lbs. several times throughout a day.
2. Must be mentally alert to avoid accidents, program and operate machines, and to communicate effectively with others.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.